The season is slated to start filming in March 2020 and will be set somewhere other than Las Vegas. Cast member Alison Brie (Ruth Wilder) will again direct an episode of the program. The show's costume designer, Beth Morgan, is at work on belts which will be used for the season.
It has been speculated that the injury of All Elite Wrestling star Awesome Kong may be a cover for her to appear on this season of the program.
In addition to the returning cast from past seasons, Netflix has announced three new characters to be featured on the fourth and final season of GLOW:
- Yoko Sumo: (20-30s, female, Asian or Asian-American) A wrestler in Gypsy Mae’s indie circuit, Yoko uses her body mass to her advantage in her wrestling matches. Friendly, but a bit of an enigma.
- Star: (20-30s, female, all ethnicities) A salty, seasoned wrestler on the indie circuit. One of Gypsy Mae’s girls. Great at her job and gets along well with her fellow wrestlers.
- Kip Bigelow: (20-30s, male, all ethnicities) Working class “face” type wrestler. A rising WWF star who visits an indie wrestling circuit to scout some female wrestling talent.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ AV Club - Netflix's GLOW gets a fourth and final season to deliver its finisher
- ↑ Collider - Alison Brie Reveals When ‘GLOW’ Season 4 Starts Filming; Teases Another Location Change
- ↑ WWD - ‘Glow’ Costume Designer Launches Belt Collection
- ↑ Wrestling News - AEW star is out of action “indefinitely”
- ↑ Going Indie - EXCLUSIVE: GLOW Going Indie For New Characters In Season 4